Wednesday, November 20, 2013

In Pursuit of Myself

As I sit in this airport terminal alone, I have realized a few things about myself. Its amazing what a little introspection will do, when given the time.
For one, I know what I want to do in life and the things that make me happy but I tend to do other things in hopes of getting there.
Why do I go around the corner, up the hill, stop at the store, pick up some items, cross the tracks, wait for the train to pass so I can go back across the tracks, when there is a straight path to my destination?
No detour signs, no snakes or anything else stopping me but yet still I have to go around the mulberry bush?
But this is good for me and there is a life lesson in every choice I make and every path I travel.
This is not a rough draft or a dress rehearsal... this is my life and I will live by my rules...not by what someone else says. I will step out and walk my path and not make the road of life harder for me than it has to be...I will be me and choosing to be yourself can be the hardest and bravest thing anyone ever does in life....

2 comments:

  1. Yes, like a purpose driven life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kieron. Its amazing what you find out about yourself when you alone away from any distractions and are forced to look at yourself.

      Delete